Startup Sonoma has a dual mission. 1) help people who are self-employed or work remotely have community. 2) help anyone with ideas turn them into products.
A lot of these ideas are lifted from the book Startup Communities.
- Birthing an Idea
- Lean Methodology
- Landing Site
The primary partners are entrepreneurs helping other entrepreneurs. However, we should get the community involved in this as well. The least useful thing to worry about is VCs as VCs will come where there is innovation.
- Web Designers
- Maker Space
- Shared Space
- Large Companies
- Community College
- Sonoma State
- School District
- [ ] Young Entrepreneurs (Schools)
- Teaching entrepreneurship at schools
- Lifting Latinos, Blacks and women by teaching them entrepreneurial skills.
- [ ] Weekly or Biweekly Coffee Meetups for entrepreneurs to throw around ideas.
- [ ] Office Hours
- [ ] Get help with different things and maybe get some free advice for entrepreneurs just starting out.
- [ ] Bring different service providers together such as lawyer, accountants, etc.
- [ ] Talks aimed at starting companies. Basic accounting, marketing, etc.
- [ ] Mentorships
- [ ] Hackathons
- [ ] Startup Weekends. Build an app or startup in a weekend.
- No idea is stupid, they should be validated quickly.
- Reduce wasted time and resources.
- Failure of an idea is not a failure of the individual.
- Give before you get.
- Entrepreneurship is the future of America.
- Entrepreneurship is Community Service.